How to Make 50+ Rubber Stamped Christmas Cards in a Day
Do you like to make unique rubber stamped Christmas cards? Perhaps you would like to individualize each card. Here are some quick rubber stamping tips and ideas for making each crafty card creation a little bit different yet keeping it unique!
- Use a basic card layout. There are many ideas available in our card template gallery. Choose a layout that can easily be altered and doesn’t require too much detailed attention. The Discovery, Romantic or Tagged card layouts will work well.
- Once you have chosen a basic layout, stamp several accent images such as a nativity scene or a snowman. You will be placing one of each of these on each card that you make. These may be stamped on any shape – a circle, square, rectangle or tag.
- Choose a solid color and mat each of your accent images.
- Next select or design your own holiday background paper. You may wish to use a similar clear rubber stamp to the one used in your accent image to create a feeling of unity in the card. Use the second generation rubber stamping technique (stamping more than one image before re-inking the stamp). This will add depth to the overall background design.
- Now you are ready for the fun part. Cut or tear your patterned paper to cover the background part of your card. It can be placed anywhere horizontally or vertically on the face of the card. With over six positions to choose from, you already have 6 individual but similar cards started.
- Once your background is on (you can embellish with smaller strips of paper or ribbon at this point if desired), you are ready to choose a place for your accent image.
- The accent image can be placed on the edge or center of your background strips (that's 12 or more different positions or 60 unique card making designs). You can glue it on flat or emphasize it by attaching it with 3D sticky foam. You may choose to locate your accent image so that you can add a stamped sentiment or tag to the face of your card.
- Embellish as desired. This is the most time consuming part of the process, but the possibilities are endless.
With these simple clear steps you can create over 50 unique hobby Christmas card designs from a basic card making layout, rubber stamped accent image, and a holiday background strip.