CD Mini albums are made from reclaimed CD's - those that are old, scratched or worn out. CD Mini albums are ideal for not only adults, but kids can also create unique albums as gifts or memory books. Mini albums are simple to make and can be completed in an afternoon. They are sturdy and easy for kids to enjoy. You can easily embellishments them with clear hobby rubber art stamps to create a special theme or color scheme.
TIPS for making CD Mini Albums:
- Enhance your mini albums with clear stamps. Clear stamps allow you to see exactly where you are placing images so you get the perfect look every time. You may discover, that it is easier to stamp on the paper before it is adhered to the CD, particularly if you desire an image directly in the middle where the CD has ridges.
- Distress the edges of the finished 'pages' with a sponge dauber and pigment ink. This will create a framing effect for the entire page and show it off better.
- To prevent papers separating from the CD's, simply run a bead of glue between the paper edges and press them together to seal the CD perfectly inside.
- Matt photos and other paper elements in circles. Because the book is a circle, circle elements can easily bounce and flow from page to page. This shows off the uniqueness of the round book.
- CD Mini Albums can be put together with a book ring or ribbon so the pages turn much like a book, or you can drill two holes on either side of the CD for the center pages and tie each CD together so that it opens up in an accordian style book. This can make a fun accordian frame for a fireplace mantle or shelf in your home if you make sure the fasteners you use are sturdy.
For the CD Mini Album Tutorial please click here.